So the first thing that many people tell new people starting out is you don’t need all the tools. Those people are right. So I have created a list of tools I suggest if someone one’s something to practice with.
- 2 Tealight Candles (white)
- A notebook
- Construction Paper of various colors
- Representation of elements
- Representation of god & goddess
2 tealight candles : I suggest these ,because they are the easiest (& cheapest) to find . The candles can be used for fire representation , to mediate with , or anything really.
A notebook : This is the most important tool in my opinion . A notebook is for journaling ,and putting research in. Feel free to print out information ,and tape in .
“If you could change one thing about the past, what would it be? How would this change positively affect your present life?”
Construction Paper of Various Colors : This is random ,but it can be helpfull. Construction paper can be used to make poppet dolls, or to decorate your notebook. Or even to represent elements.
Salt : Salt is used to cleanse ,or to represent earth . It can also be used for outlining your circle.
Representation of Elements:
- Earth: Basically everything once you step outside: dirt, leaves,etc.
- Air: Incense , Feathers
- Fire: Candles, Red Rocks, Fake candles
- Water : Water from the tap will do just fine, but it’s always nice to have rain water.
Representative of God & Goddess :
- God : *Gold colored anything , pine cone, statue of god, picture of god.
- Goddess: *Silver colored anything, seashell, statue of goddess, picture of goddess.
- ***Which ever color you feel’s corresponding with god , or goddess go with your gut***
So that’s it . I just made this post ,because people sometimes go over board . Also partially ,because of silver ravenwolfs “teen witch kit” crap.
Pictures will be added soon.
** I didn’t mean it to sound wiccan although now that I look back it kinda does. I myself am not wiccan however I still represent a female and male aspect on my altar ,as the same with the elements. I just fiqured I would include them since a lot of books talk about them . You do not have to worship anything to be a witch I have met ,only online however, atheist witches)**
Spell of the Week: Friday
• An alcoholic drink (sweet wine or mead would be best)
1) Go as far away from civilization as you can. You are going to search for either a faery doorway or a faery mound
2) once you found one, place sugar before it and clap your hands there times. “I am here, I am here, I am here”
3) Grabbing the cup, you will pour yourself some of the drink. Take a sip and place it before the doorway or mound.
4) “Let us drink, dance, and make merry~” Now take the instrument and start playing it
5) Every few moments you take a sip to show you only want to have fun. With your friends as you all play instruments and drink, you will start dancing.
6) you can start singing if you want. The point of this is to have as much fun as you can~
Warning: Don’t drink too much, you don’t want to be drunk in the wilderness :’D
also, if a far appears and offers you a drink or food, don’t take it. Fae food and drink are bad for humans to eat/drink.
Let this depression
Leave my head
Let the lies of loneliness
Be gone and dead.
Write whatevers got you bummed out on a piece of paper and burn it as you repeat this spell three times to get rid of a particular thought that has you bummed or repeat this in a building voice while focusing on feeling happier to take care of just the feelings. A spell can be used in alot of different ways depending on how you cast it and what you focus on while you cast it. The ways I’ve described work on the mind and the other on the emotions bc depression or sadness can be caused by either. Make it your own. Add herbs and such if you feel its necessary for it to work for you or to encourage it to work in a particular way.
Spell of the Week: Locating spell
Items you need:
- Drawn map of the area you are searching
- pendulum, (a necklace with a heavy pendant can be used)
- After drawing the area you will be looking in, concentrate on the item you have lost. (light the candle to help to concentrate)
- After having a moment to think of the item, hold the pendulum over the map. Let it swing freely.
- Chant this as you concentrate “Keeper of all things forgotten and lost, allow me to find it no matter the cost, by moon and sun let it be done”
- Take a moment to wait, then ask which direction is yes, and which is no (the pendulum will swing in a certain direction for each answer)
- When you get what means yes and no, ask the spirit if it wishes to help you. If it says no, try again later to see if the spirit changes its mind.
- If it said yes, make sure to clearly visualize the item that has been lost in your mind. Picture it clearly for the spirit to see.
- Ask questions about the location of the item. Hold the Pendulum over the map.
- Holding the pendulum over a certain area of the map, ask if the item rests here. If it is yes, then stop and go see if the item is there. If no, repeat the process.
- If the pendulum never swings “yes” on the map, that means the item is not in the location of the map.
- When you are done, whether or not you have found the item make sure to thank the spirit for its aid, and give offerings if the spirit wishes.
Healing Faery Orb Wand- -I just made this and I can’t stop gazing at it…
see more pics *here*
Oh my goodness….A fluorite wand!
Incense: frankincense, cinnamon, or pepper
Bread is offered to the household guardians as a libation, and the salt is kept in the heart of the home to ground any evil that might enter. After you do this, burn a purifying or protecting incense such as frankincense, cinnamon, or pepper moving it from room to room while you visualize any negativity fleeing from your home. As you go, chant over and over your words of power:Smoke of air and fire and earth
Cleanse and bless this home and hearth
Drive away all harm and fear
Only good may dwell in here.
Protection Powder #2
2 parts Mugwort
2 parts Frankincense
1 part Dill
1 part Juniper
1 part Cumin
Sprinkle where you need protection, inside or out. For personal protection, sprinkle in a circle and stand within it until you’re charged with the herb’s energies. Do this daily to lend protective energies to yourself at all times.
Light a candle that is the color the dead person liked, maybe even a scented candle that reminds you of them. place the candle in a safe spot and let it burn while you sleep. Say this incantation:
“I light this candle to light your way back to me
as i lay dreaming my mind is open to all you have to say
i miss you dearly and I long to see you again
while i sleep tonight you can hold my hand.
please don’t be angered while i wake you from your sleep,
life is hard and i long for your keep.
come in love and leave with more
tonight i long to see you and i leave open the door. “
your loved one will visit you in your dream whether you remember the dream or not. The dead do not like to be disturbed so be sure to do this with pure intentions.
*The idea here is that you are making it obvious where the dead can find you, if you wish to leave something they would have liked that may help.